Fall Equinox 2014 w/ Religious Girls, Dirt Dress & Lilacs
Dec 12

Fall Equinox 2014 w/ Religious Girls, Dirt Dress & Lilacs

No users attending this event yet.
Catch One, 4067, West Pico Boulevard, Country Club Park, Los Angeles, California, 90019, United States
  • Lineup: Religious Girls
    Religious Girls are a diverse group of multi-instrumentalists, with each member hailing from separate musical backgrounds that ranges from metal to noise to math rock and pop. Using their talents, Religious Girls focus thier energy into creating beautiful harmonies and layering them over intricate percussive ryhthms. Preferring to play on the floor near listeners rather than a distant stage, they feel that no matter how high of quality a recording may be the live set is what moves people, and therefore focus on creating intimacy with the crowd. Collectively, the band has tried to push aside the standards of popular song writing with non-repeating structures, an intricate mathmatical style, and a carefully laid out set in which all songs are interweaved into one. Religious Girls offers an intense and dramatic set, leaving viewers in awe by the end of the performance.

Oakland quartet that could be the Bay's own Animal Collective. "As they began their set, my whole perception of noise and music was completely blown out of the water. Religious Girls took the rhythmic pounding of HEALTH and the tropical loveliness of High Places and made it their own, a completely new sound that was as beautiful as it was harsh and brutal. ... The manipulated vocals through the microphones and the call and response keyboard and drum melodies amazed me and captivated me in the best way. They were absolutely fucking terrific." --KEXP Blog
  • Category
    Live Music
  • Date & Time
    Dec 12 2014 at 08:00 PM - Dec 12 2014 at 11:00 PM
  • Location & full address
    4067 W Pico Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90019
  • Event Admins