Misty Boyce EP Release Show, My Name Is You, Tim Williams of Soft Swells
Jan 14

Misty Boyce EP Release Show, My Name Is You, Tim Williams...

No users attending this event yet.
1717, Silver Lake Boulevard, Silver Lake, Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, 90026, United States
  • Lineup: Misty Boyce EP Release Show, My Name Is You, Tim Williams of Soft Swells
    “So sleep with eyes aware, try anything you dare, And when you know enough, get limitless in love”
    Experimental singer/songwriter Misty Boyce began her career as the keyboardist for The Naked Brothers Band (Nickelodeon), marking her national television debut on The View and The Today Show in 2008. Since then, she’s joined indie-pop artist Ingrid Michaelson on The Kelly Ripa Show and at her annual Holiday Hop. She spent most of 2013/14 on tour with Sara Bareilles, supporting her new album The Blessed Unrest, nominated for Grammy Album of the Year. She also accompanied Bareilles during her moving “Smile” tribute on the 2014 Emmy Awards broadcast.

A highly skilled and versatile artist in her own right, Boyce released her self-titled debut full-length album in early 2010, citing influences ranging from Tori Amos to Radiohead to Miles Davis. The disc also features a duet with acclaimed singer-songwriter Ari Hest on the song “All You Need Is Here.” After a two-year break, during which she quit music, returned to music, ended a long-term relationship, and moved from New York City to Los Angeles, Boyce released her Tough Love EP in March of 2012.

A New Mexico native, she began songwriting at a very young age. “I was drawn to the romance and drama of a life as a musician and just wanted to write songs for Reba McEntire,” she says. She went on to study jazz piano at the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music, but came back to songwriting after graduation.

Says Boyce, “I wanted to study jazz because I felt that, if I could play and understand it, I could write anything. In the end, the education was helpful, but I had to work to strip away the complexities of what I had learned and come back to the essence of a melody and a story.” Boyce’s music has earned her solid praise. The Daily Iowan says “her voice drips soulfully against the piano as she croons lyrics of heartbreak and toil.” The Las Cruces Sun-News writes, “Boyce is at once poignant and playful combining provocative, often clever, lyrics with her soulful vocals and vibrant piano playing.”

And there’s a lot more on the horizon.
    This year she releases her second full-length album, The Life; continues to support Sara Bareilles’ Little Black Dress tour, opening sold out shows in New Zealand, Japan and Singapore; along with her own tour dates for The Life release throughout the U.S. and Germany.

“When fans leave one of my shows,” she adds,” I hope they remember that they forgot themselves and were in a moment with me…that we had an exchange and both walked away a little more whole.”
  • Category
    Live Music
  • Date & Time
    Jan 14 2015 at 09:00 PM - Jan 15 2015 at 02:00 AM
  • Location & full address
    1717 Silver Lake Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90026
  • Event Admins