Maggy Simon Sings at Catalina Jazz Club
Feb 10

Maggy Simon Sings at Catalina Jazz Club

Valentine's Week: Love in the Air with Vocalist in Romantic Show

Valentine's Week: Love in the Air with Vocalist in Romantic Show

Hollywood Boulevard, Whitley Heights Historic District, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, 90028, United States
  • Beautiful Maggy Simon returns to Hollywood's famous Catalina Jazz Club to celebrate the season of love in her all-new show, “From the Heart,” Tuesday, Feb 10 and Wednesday, February 11, 2015. Doors open at 7 p.m. for dinner; show begins at 8:30 p.m. Catalina Jazz Club is located at 6725 Sunset Blvd., one block east of Highland Avenue. Valet parking available. For reservations go to www.catalinajazzclub.com or call (323) 466-2210 ($30).

In a show that evokes Judy Garland, Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick, the exquisite Simon sizzles in timeless jazz, Broadway and popular classics with a voice that fills the room with ardent, romantic affection. Simon sings some of the best melodies ever written, including My Funny Valentine, The Look of Love, I Can’t Take My Eyes Off You, Love I Had a Ball, Henry Mancini’s Two for the Road and Here’s that Rainy Day.

Known for featuring top talent, good food and old world charm, the Catalina Jazz Club has attracted musical legends for decades. In this special Valentine’s show, the Club invites all romantics with or without companions to celebrate the annual love holiday.

As a baby-boomer, Simon marks an important romantic milestone herself -- she discovered a deep and abiding love again and remarried five years ago. “It is possible to have it all – and I have it with my beloved,” she says. In fact, Simon dedicates her “From the Heart” show to husband Jack Simon, the distinguished Beverly Hills-based entrepreneur, musician and producer whose benevolence is recognized in medicine, academia and the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles cultural scene.

“My show is dedicated to my husband but also to all the funny Valentines in this town,” says Maggy Simon, whose figure is more than Greek. In addition to her singing, Simon sits on the Center Theatre Group Board of Directors that supports the Mark Taper Forum and other theaters in Los Angeles. The supple chanteuse who has been singing her whole life says, “I sing to my dear audience who may not know what may be coming next – and just like the key to life, I keep it unpredictable.” Along with an A-list six-piece band, Simon croons and swoons, and switches effortlessly in style and tempo, making us smile with all our heart.
  • Category
    Live Music
  • Date & Time
    Feb 10 2015 at 08:30 PM - Feb 10 2015 at 10:00 PM
  • Location & full address
    6725 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, CA
  • Event Admins
    eisnerpr
  • Occurrence
    Daily