The Grand Annex, 434, West 6th Street, San Pedro, Los Angeles, California, 90731, United States
  • “There’s so much beauty in this old music, and it affects me on a deep level. It moves me and inspires me. I heard Leadbelly singing with the Golden Gate Quartet and it sounded fantastic, and I thought, ‘I want to do that.” ~ Willie Watson

For nearly two decades, Willie Watson has made modern folk music rooted in older traditions. A former member of the Grammy-winning roots-rock band Old Crow Medicine Show, he’s a folksinger in the classic sense: a singer, storyteller, and traveler, with a catalog of songs that bridge the gap between the past and present. He acts as a modern interpreter of older songs, passing along his own version of the music that came long before him.

With a quick vibrato and rich range, he breathes new life into classic songs like Samson and Delilah. He’s a balladeer when he sings Gallows Pole, a bluesman when he performs When My Baby Left Me. Dry Bones finds him crooning and hollering, while Take This Hammer, has Watson singing to the heavens.

• Category
    Live Music
  • Date & Time
    Mar 26 2022 at 08:00 PM - Mar 26 2022 at 10:30 PM
  • Location & full address
    434 W 6th St. San Pedro, CA 90731
  • Event Admins
    grandannex