The 4th Annual SATELLITE NIGHTS with Lemmo, Green Gerry
Jan 02

The 4th Annual SATELLITE NIGHTS with Lemmo, Green Gerry

No users attending this event yet.
1717, Silver Lake Boulevard, Silver Lake, Echo Park, Los Angeles, California, 90026, United States
  • Lineup: Lemmo, Green Gerry
    Michael Lemmo picked up the guitar at age 11 and never looked back. At the age of 17 he received a full scholarship to Berklee College of Music but soon left to pursue a career as a guitarist, singer and composer.

Born and raised in Bucks County, PA , Michael was influenced by legendary rock bands like Van Halen and Led Zeppelin, and later, more contemporary acts such as Ryan Adams, Nirvana and Jeff Buckley. Michael's distinct sound is brought to life by the talented musicians of the band "Lemmo." "Lemmo" includes bassist Benjamin Borland and drummer Matty Alger. All three musicians attended Berklee College of Music where Michael met Ben prior to moving to Los Angeles.

In 2014, Ben and Michael met accomplished drummer Matty Alger who was then playing for Ben Harper and other successful acts. After only a few weeks together the newly formed group drove to the Sundance Film festival to play for Park City Television where they would be called "the next big thing."

With songs ranging from heavy rock to solo acoustic, the act has truly proven it is both dynamic and always unpredictable. Michael's compositions have been called "the real deal", and the lyrics of the song 313 reflect Michael's personal artistic expression: "All these thoughts run through my head and some you need to know, like I was born in Pennsylvania underneath snow, and my mother always had Christmas parties there for me, and when I see the clock it's always right on 313. And if I see a deer I always scare them off the road, though some would say that I have grown to be a tortured soul, there's just one thing that I don't think no one wants to know, that I was born to love and it is you I want to know."

Lemmo is not a "for now" but truly a "for ever" experience that only comes around every so often. The band currently resides in Los Angeles, and recently finished recording its first EP, featuring aggressive rock and acoustic pieces, at Nightbird Recording Studios in the underground of the world famous Sunset Marquis Hotel in West Hollywood, CA. The band plans to release a few tracks later this Winter.
  • Category
    Live Music
  • Date & Time
    Jan 02 2015 at 09:00 PM - Jan 03 2015 at 02:00 AM
  • Location & full address
    1717 Silver Lake Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90026
  • Event Admins